While women make up more than half of the U.S. population (51%), less than 20 percent of the industry’s financial professionals are female. This under-representation in the financial services space is not new as the numbers have not changed much over the last couple of decades; however, we believe a shift is coming soon.
If you look around our industry, you can see the conversations changing and the momentum for women building. Organizations are becoming very aware of the business case for diversity – and that includes bringing more women into our industry. Just as the control of wealth and influence shifts, and as we begin to recognize the underserved populations, we believe women will be ready to take on these opportunities.
The Female Advisor Timeline at Cambridge
- 2012: 329 active female advisors in 2012 – 15% of total advisors
- 2013: 1% of female advisors generating over $200K in revenue
- 2014: 3.5% of female advisors generating over $200K in revenue – with 4 achieving $1M or more
- 2015: 17% active female advisors
- 2018: 9 female advisors generating over $1M in revenue (4 more, 4 close) – 185% increase in 5 years
Watch an interview with Amy Webber on women in our industry: To watch the interview click here.
CW Financial Strategies can be the home for women of excellence who want to serve others with first class financial advice. Call me to see if you qualify.